Sunday, April 21, 2013

Cinderblock flower pot




For my project this week I went to Home Depot for some of the things I needed! I painted a cinderblock with white paint. Then I used my cricut to cut out a tree and grass that I used to stencil onto the block. I then used the three little flowers from peachy keens April stamp of the month along with the peachy keen baby bee stamp. The “busy little bee” is stenciled on with one of my letter stencils. Then I used paint markers to color it all in. I also put a clear coat that you can use on concrete outdoors to help protect from weather. Then I filled the holes with potting soil and added Celosia because my back yard doesn’t get a whole lot of shade I needed a flower that took full sun!  This is one block of many more to come; I plan of lining my whole back yard with these flower pots because I have a dog that likes to dig by the fence!   


5 comments:

  1. Very clever and beautiful idea to keep at pet in your yard. Thanks for sharing at Peachy Keen's Anything Goes. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How super fun is that!!! What a great project for kids too! Thanks for joining us in this week's Peachy Keen Stamps Challenge. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such a GREAT project idea,AWESOME job!!!!Thanks for joining us in this week's Challenge at Peachy Keen Stamps!!!:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. EEK! Such a sweet project! I love it! Thanks so much for playing along with us at PeachyKeen!!!

    Nikki

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a fabulous idea! Thanks for joining us at Peachy Keen Stamps!

    Saundra

    ReplyDelete